6:30pm: Meet and Greet, Sign In, Get Organized, etc.
7:00pm: Call to Order
Approval of August 2 Minutes [Evelyn Van Orden]
Treasurer's Report [Evelyn Van Orden]
Election of Officers [Nominating Committee]
L.A. County Fair Participation [Members]
Philanthropy Report [Judy Gregory]
Break [Tent Cards]
Show and Share
Minutes: Marsha Stoddard, Secretary
7:05pm Meeting Called to Order Evelyn Van Orden, President
A. Minutes Evelyn Van Orden
1. Minutes of the August 2 meeting were posted on the website and approved.
2. Evelyn pointed out that minutes from past meetings are archived on the website.
B. Treasurer's Report Evelyn Van Orden
1. There was no activity last month.
2. The balance remains at $[private data].
C. Announcements Members
1. Marsha thanked Linda Derderian for the treats for the September meeting and reminded people about signing up to bring treats to future meetings.
2. Thea Orozco announced that That Yarn Store will hold a Martini Night on Friday, September 22 at 6pm. Someone remarked that people would need a desig-knitt-ed driver!
3. It was suggested that we as a group send a card to Michelle Bernal, whose grandfater passed away the past week.
4. Trish Burd said that she has found some newer Red Heart yarns that are much softer than earlier yarns have been.
5. Analee Perica told us about her trip to the Fabulous Fiberfest in August at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and showed us some samples of the things she learned how to make. The Fiberfest had spinners doing demos, and there were 3 live alpacas to see. She had a wonderful time and recommends it for next year.
D. L.A. County Fair Participation Evelyn Van Orden
1. The Los Angeles County Fair Fair runs from Friday, September 8 thru Sunday, October 1.
2. The proposed date for a guild group trip was Wednesday, September 13, beginning in the morning.
3. After further discussion, there weren't enough members interested in participating, so no trip was organized.
E. Election of Officers Nominating Committee
1. In the absence of Nominating Committee Chair Michelle Bernal, Barbara Bell announced the slate of nominees for officers.
2. Nominations were requested from the floor. There were none.
3. It was moved, seconded, and voted to accept the slate as it stood. The new officers for JCK are:
President: Evelyn Van Orden
Vice President: Judy Gregory
Treasurer: Jerri Nicol
Secretary: Marsha Stoddard
F. Philanthropy Judy Gregory, VP Philanthropy
1. Judy announced that she received word from Afghans for Afghans that they recently sent to Afghanistan 5,300 knitted and crocheted items!!! They currently are looking for items to fit larger school children, age 9-18. These are due near the end of September. They are looking for things made of 75% or more wool, no scarves, and nothing made of acrylic. They are looking for warmth, not necessarily beauty.
2. Stitches from the Heart now has a bigger need for baby blankets rather than baby hats/booties. They like to have soft things that are washable, made from acrylic or cotton.
G. Show and Share Members
8:50pm Meeting Adjourned