JCK General Meeting
Wednesday, April 4, 7:00-9:00pm
Sparr Heights Community Center, 1613 Glencoe Way, Glendale 91208
6:30pm: Meet and Greet, Sign In, Get Organized, etc.
7:00pm: Call to Order [Evelyn Van Orden, President]
Approval of Minutes [Marsha Stoddard, Secretary]
Treasurer's Report [Jerri Nicol, Treasurer]
Philanthropy Report [Judy Gregory, VP Philanthropy]
Show and Share
: Meeting Called to Order Evelyn Van Orden, President 18 members were present
A. Minutes Marsha Stoddard
1. Minutes of the March meeting was posted on the website, and a hard copy was available at the meeting. It was moved, seconded, and passed to approve the minutes as written.
B. Treasurer's Report Jerri Nicol
1. There was no activity in March.
2. The balance remains at $1153.81.
C. Announcements Members
1. Anne Seth was given a suitcase full of old needles that had not sold at a church rummage sale. She spent hours sorting, marking, tying together, and organizing them so that we could look at them easily. Thank you, Anne, for your hard work to make these available to us. Members selected from the needles for their own use. The remaining needles were taken by Donna, who belongs to a Linus Project group and will take them to the next meeting.
2. Marsha thanked Betty Molinaro and Sue Dietel for the treats and added that a new sign-up sheet is available for the months of July through December.
D. Philanthropy Judy Gregory, VP Philanthropy
1. Judy reported that she took a bag of things to Stitches from the Heart and will mail another box to CIC (Children in Common) soon. CIC is focusing on larger children, so for socks the foot length needs to be 6-10, and sweaters/vests need to be size 10-12. CIC also always takes smaller-sized socks, as well as childrens mittens. Items need to be made out of yarn that is at least 85% wool.
2. Michelle Tang announced that her friend who collected small items to take to children in orphanages in China received over 560 things, considerably more than she had hoped to take. Each child in every orphanage will get something.
E. New Business