Jewel City Knitters

 
Message Board
 

JCK Meeting Archive

April 7 2006 General Meeting 
 
JCK General Meeting
Wednesday, April 7, 2006, 7:00-9:00pm
Sparr Heights Community Center, 1613 Glencoe Way, Glendale 91208
Agenda:  

    6:30pm: Meet and Greet, Sign In, Get Organized, etc.
    7:00pm: Meeting Call to Order
    Announcements [Members]
    Philanthropy Report [Judy Gregory]
    Round Table Meeting Report [Evelyn Van Orden, Diane Larsen]
    Clothing Sale & Spring Boutique Event Report [Evelyn Van Orden, Marsha Stoddard, Janice Ogata]
    Tent Cards [Members]
    Show-and-Share [Judy Gregory]
    9:00pm Adjourn
Minutes:    Diane Larsen, Scribe
    7:10pm    Meeting Called to Order    Evelyn Van Orden, President
    A. Announcements     Members 
        1. Starting at this meeting, there will be a table for announcements, classes, business advertisements, etc. Any member can put business info on this table so we don't take time from the meeting to do this.
        2. ACTION: At the next meeting, please bring your favorite knitting or crochet book and report on it. It can be a novel with characters that knit or an info/pattern book. 

    B. Philanthropy    Judy Gregory, VP Philanthropy
        1. If you have any items for Judy Gregory (VP Philanthropy), give them to her so she can send them in.
        2. Jerri Nicol is organizing a list of charities with guidelines as to what they need. She will also have contact info on the list.
    C. Minutes    Evelyn Van Orden
        1. We voted to accept the minutes of the March 20 Round Table Meeting with changes to add the following:
            a. List of members who attended.
            b. ACTION: Form a By-Laws Committee and call for Election of Officers.
    D. Treasurer's Report    Evelyn Van Orden
        1. Net income from Clothing Sale: $[private data]
        2. Total in Treasury: $[private data]
    E. Round Table Meeting Report   
Evelyn Van Orden & Diane Larsen
        1. Minutes of the meeting are available in hardcopy if you did not receive them by email.
        2. In the future, when should we have this meeting? Is the 3rd week of the month good?
        3. Need to have elections of officers, especially Treasurer.
        4. Diane Larsen presented a list of member concerns and led the discussion.
        5. ACTION: Work on a Mission Statement.
    F. Clothing Sale    
Evelyn Van Orden & Marsha Stoddard
        1. The Montrose Harvest Market moved away from our Citibank venue which was totally unexpected. Therefore, the amount of money earned at our Designer Clothing Sale was only 1/4 what we earned at our last Clothing Sale. However, we made enough money to cover our expenses for about another year at our current spending rate.
        2. Marsha thanked everyone that worked. Also, we all expressed our appreciation for Marsha's hard work.
    G. Show and Share    Members

    8:50pm    Meeting Adjourned